This video of a little more than two minutes clearly explains how to recognize an "insight". I like particularly the definition of an "insight". We recognize it according to 3W 1. What does the customer doing? 2. Why does he do it? 3. Wow, Nobody had identified or noted this problem before! When you are able to precisely answer these 3 questions, probably is a good opportunity for innovation. There are many techniques and methodologies to discover "insights". It goes without saying that the polls, "focus group" and the "big data" are not techniques which generally generate "insights"! It should rather focus on more qualitative approaches.
Patrick Sirois www.triode.ca At Triode, we specialize in developing new products and services for complex industries like medical devices and transportation. We work with you closely to help define product strategy, with an emphasis on reducing the risks associated with innovating in these sophisticated and often regulated consumer-oriented environments.
Date de création
- Innovation (240) Apply Innovation filter
- VOC (38) Apply VOC filter
- Design Thinking (37) Apply Design Thinking filter
- Découvertes (22) Apply Découvertes filter
- Recherche marketing (21) Apply Recherche marketing filter
- Tendances produits (19) Apply Tendances produits filter
- Chef de produits (11) Apply Chef de produits filter